Monday, December 21, 2009

I'm sorry...

Why would I ever go anywhere without you?

You're so much like me.

You're practical and thrifty, you hold extra weight well, you're eco-friendly and at times can be quite fashionable. You get me. I’m sorry that I sometimes take you for granted. If I were a better woman I would take you with me everywhere. But I’m not. I forget you all the time. I have relegated you to one part of my life. To one lonely purpose...hauling groceries.


I love my green bags. You know those fabric bag thingys they sell near the checkout for 99¢ (1.25 if you're fancy). Not only do they satisfy my inner treehugger and end the paper or plastic debate but those babies can haul. I’m pretty sure I could lug a small child around in one if need be. You don’t have to worry about them ripping half way up the steps or make 60+ trips to retrieve plastic bags containing 3 items each.

Oh fabric bag, oh fabric bag how could I ever forget you. Next time I go to Target or the library, the post office or the craft store, please come along. I think we would be good for each other.

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way with the green bag :) I have a stack of them right by the door but found myself forgetting to grab them on my way out to the store.

    I recently found out that Target gives .05 discount for each "green" bag you use. That's been my motivation to be more consistant in taking them with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out about Target a couple of weeks ago. You would think it would make me more conscience especially now that I have some really cute ones to tote around, but alas... old habits are hard to break.

    ReplyDelete