Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forgive me in advance

In less than 3 days we are off on another adventure. I am once again packing my household with less than 2 weeks notice to move our family across country. Even though it has been a whirlwind here I've have many moments to contemplate the three years we have been given here. Although I am happy to be headed back to my hometown there are many things that I will miss about Florida:

the constant sunshine

the sound of palm fronds in the breeze

the smell of salt air

swimming outside in February

The way the beach completely changes my outlook

the sound of quaker parrots and mocking birds

the smell of orange blossoms

sweet strawberries the size of my fist in March

fresh squeezed Valencia oranges

and most importantly the wonderful friends we have made.

It is an incredible blessing that in an area of the country where only 35% of the population consider themselves "religious" we have been surrounded by Christians who love the Lord and seek after Him. I love you and will miss you more than I can say please do not be offended if I do not say good-bye.

First of all, I'm not very good at it. And really, I don't believe it. It's so final, so sad, so lost. So rather than good-bye I will confidently say to my bothers and sisters, I will see you later. With the connectedness of the internet, telephone, skype, face book, blogger and who knows what else they will invent in the up coming years there is no reason for tears.

We have loved meeting you and knowing that if/when we need an escape some cold February we will have a friendly place to visit. Likewise, Casa de Pompa is open to all of you anytime you want to go skiing, sledding, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice fishing, bike riding, hiking, picking wild flowers, pumpkins, cherries, apples or strawberries. If you have a thing for old red barns or spotted dairy cows I know just the place. I cannot offer you sandy beaches but and ocean of fall color and glacier carved hills, pock-marked with quaint fishing towns and lakes to kayak, canoe or water ski.

Hopefully we will meet again this side of Glory but if not then for sure again, and forever!

TTFN!

Alaina

1 comment:

  1. And I have thought multiple times that I wanted to hug you and officially say goodbye Wednesday night at church but then you were gone and I was lots in the circus of rounding up kids! I hope all went well with the trip and the move. I hope you have a wonderful new start there. I hope you beg and plead with your former apt to get some of that money back and that you will keep up with your blog once you get settled. I LOVE the pics of the dirty house. Oh, what a false impression you got of mine- hahaha. I am right there with you. Priorities! And it is so easy to feel guilty for not having "everything done" yet soo much more important to have everyone loved and cared for and conversed with and played with and to read them those extra stories when you could be doing dishes before bed. Good luck with everything and God bless you and your family. Please keep in touch! xxoo
    Jennifer N

    ReplyDelete